Thermosensitive wire also named “thermal cord”, It is a thin wire that can automatically detect fires and activate fire extinguishing devices when reaching a certain rated temperature, This thin wire also contains gunpowder components, so it can also self ignite to activate the aerosol fire extinguishing device when in contact with an open flame. So its function is very enormous and very rare.
The most commonly used starting method for aerosol fire extinguishing systems is electric/electrical activation, which requires an external power supply with an input of 3 to 24V DC power.
With the updating and upgrading of aerosol fire extinguishing devices, we have now invented a dual start method for aerosols, that is: Electrical activation plus thermosensitive wire activation for one unit of aerosol spray type fire extinguisher.
Now let’s introduce this dual start aerosol fire extinguisher:
- Product Name: Solid aerosol type fire extinguisher.
- Code or model: AW-QH-**E/TH, hereby “**” means aerosol grams.
- Capacity: range from 20 to 3000 grams.
- Design density: 100 grams per cubic meters as per international standard.
- Size: please as per manufacturer’s data sheet or instruction manual.
- Covering volume: range from 0.2 to 30 cubic meters.
- Activation mode: thermal cord and electric actuated.
- Power voltage: DC 3 to 24 Volt.
- Actuated current: 0.25 mA.
- Product resistance: about 1 to 2 ohm.
- Rated thermal temperature: 175℃ or 300℃ .
- Materials: aerosol agent, cooling agent, 304 stainless steel shell, Electrical wire, thermal wire etc.
- Cylinder temperature: less than 200℃.
- Protection grade: IP67.
- Fire ratings: Class A, Class B, Class C, Class E, Class F.
- Service life: 10 to 15 years.
- Warranty time: 2 Years.
- Standard: GA499.1-2010, NFPA2010.
The aerosol fire extinguishing system originated in Russia, but has been extended and expanded in China, Europe, and the United States, he characteristics of aerosols have been thoroughly studied by manufacturers and research institutions. Below, we will briefly outline some characteristics or features:
- Compared to traditional products, it has a relatively small volume and can be flexibly installed in places where traditional products cannot be installed, such as power distribution cabinets, engine compartments etc.
- Its extinguishing agent is solid and stored without pressure, so in terms of safety, it is a very safe product that can be safely transported and handled.
- Compared with gas fire extinguishing systems and water spray fire extinguishing systems, it does not require a complex pipeline system. The product has some nozzles at the bottom, which can cover the entire fire hazards.
- The fire extinguishing agent is made of environmentally friendly materials, which do not damage the atmospheric ozone layer, precision instruments, and high-value equipment.
- The product has no residue after spraying, and there is no need for manual intervention to clean the site.
- The product is non-conductive and has good electromagnetic compatibility.
- Compared to other products with a lifespan of only 3 to 5 years, it has a lifespan of 10 to 15 years, so its lifespan is very long.
- During its life cycle, it is almost maintenance free.
Aerosols are fire protection products that have been specifically validated by research institutions in Europe and America, including UL, FM, LPCB, and VDS.
So its application prospects are very broad, it has been used in the following spaces:
- Heavy machinery: Including: bulldozers, excavators, elevators, forklifts, cranes, agricultural machinery etc.
- Financial facilities and equipment: ATM machine, bank vault, safe deposit box.
- Transportation: Light rail, subway, high-speed rail, truck, truck, train, vessel, plane, bus, sedan, new energy vehicle, etc.
- Military equipment: tanks, bombers, military transport planes, etc.
- Power generation, distribution, and consumption facilities: wind turbine room, distribution cabinet, transmission room, transformer, exchange cabinet, energy storage container, battery box, etc.
Although this fire extinguishing system is small and easy to install and use, However, there are some details that cannot be ignored during installation and use:
- Before installation, please read the user manual, check the product appearance and list of accessories.
- Be sure to install it in the event of a power outage (Power off), as once the power is turned on, the fire extinguisher will immediately spray, which may harm personnel on site.
- When installing, it must be done by professional technicians and gloves must be worn; Other non professionals are prohibited from installing this product.
- If the product is mistakenly sprayed, personnel must immediately stay away and leave the site.
- Please do not touch this device immediately after spraying, as it is very hot and can only be touched after the shell has cooled down.
- If there is aerosol fire extinguishing agent in the product, it is strictly prohibited to use a cutting machine to cut this product, as it may cause product spraying and pose an explosion risk. This may harm on-site personnel.
- After the product is sprayed, open the window for ventilation or start the fan for ventilation.
- It is best to store it in a well ventilated, dry place with an indoor temperature below 40 degrees Celsius.